7.14.2009

revenge of the fallen

It can't and it doesn't get better than this. I had expected nothing else but to love the movie and I did. So much so that twice in two days and I still haven't got enough of it.

Ccritics worldwide haven't really spared the movie; they can go tickle themselves all they want. They tend to do that to all Michael Bay movies, all of which turn out to be big hits, much to their desire I'm sure. I do understand Americans criticizing the movie on part of a few inaccuracies here and there and its runtime (2 and a half hours without an interval can get excruciating for people who're used to 90 minute movies). But I fail to understand why the heck are Indian critics targetting the movie on its length; they're talking on behalf of an industry which makes 4 hour movies, which has 2 hours of songs. I read quite a few reviews on national papers and sites and it really grinds my gears to see people who won't be able to name more than 2 Transformers rating the movie!


























Moving away from these nincompoops, the movie is better than amazing. Its typical Michael Bay; massive toll of deaths, explosions all around, out of bounds action, extreme heroism... It sure has to be difficult to get emotions out of robots who convert into vehicles and even more to get the public emotionally attached to them. Very few can do it as good as him.

I hooted when Optimus skydived... I shouted everytime a Decepticon fell... I went beserk when Optimus took on Megatron, Starscream and Grindor alone... I cried when he died... I screamed when he was resurrected; I yelled when Optimus tore up the Fallen! I was there for all of it. Optimus Prime is the new Superman.

Anybody interested for it; I'm game for a 3rd time as well ;-)

1 comment:

Aamir Hakim said...

Always game for a transformers movie....