1.12.2010

d'oh!

After 25 Emmies and 26 Annies, a Star on the Hollywood walk of fame, one film and 451 episodes, in 2009 The Simpsons became the longest running American prime time entertainment series.

Currently in their 21st season, the family grew 20 years old this week. My favorite dysfunctional family gets this post.

Some of my favorite quotes:

"Quiet you kids. If I hear one more word, Bart doesn't get to watch cartoons, and Lisa doesn't get to go to college" Homer Simpson

"There's no such thing as a soul. It's just something they made up to scare kids, like the boogeyman or Michael Jackson" Bart Simpson

"I bought you a tune sandwich. They say it's brain food. I guess because there's so much dolphin in it and you know how smart they are" Marge Simpson

"Romance is dead - it was acquired in a hostile takeover by Hallmark and Disney, homogenized and sold off piece by piece" Lisa Simpson

"Eat my shorts" Bart Simpson

"Doughnuts! Is there anything they can't do?" Homer Simpson



The last episode's chalkboard gag read this:
"The world may end in 2012... but we won't"


And this is my Simpsons' avatar :D





2 comments:

Udit Sood said...

Simpsons ahoy!

inmyeye said...

21 years!!!! Good Lord! I had no idea it's been so long...

You can love them or hate them, but you just can't ignore them :-)