12.04.2009

gadget junkie

I haven't studied engineering or anything remotely technical and I'm not really a narcissist (not a big one) but I've always been really good with gadgets. From learning how to operate a computer at a time when they were alien tech to everyone around to breaking my PlayStation and then repairing it all on my own, I seem to have the know-how of how gadgets and things alike work. But, I studied Economics, unfortunately going against my grandfather's wishes, who was quite keen on me following his mighty footsteps. Whatever wished and done, I still retain my 'smoothness' with technology and no matter how much I like to self-learn or read or keep updated with the latest in the tech world, there is little that compares to the thirst of owning gadgets. It comes right after my want for collecting anything and everything Superman; unfortunately, either of them aren't cheap obsessions.

To cut a long story short, I love buying gadgets. I had a PlayStation II (the one I broke and then repaired :P), I've a PlayStation Portable, a BlackBerry (I know... I'm awesome) and I just added an iTouch to my arsenal. Besides the fact that its a 3rd gen 32 GB version, I'm really proud of it because this is the first gadget I've bought on my own and hopefully, its the first of many (Dad, I really hope you read this).

So, even though I harvested the 'green' seeds I sowed for the last few months in one go, the feeling is parallel with a German farmer's condition during Oktoberfest.

PS - I've my eyes set on Android now... the PSP Go looks promising too :p

1 comment:

Unknown said...

gr88 goin bhai....u seem 2 hv turnd urself 2 gadget guru...